Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy Disabilities Awareness Month!

(RantWoman GUESSES she is relieved to be able to post this entire email unredacted. Now RantWoman is going to have to review the attachment that went with it and decide whether or not the blogosphere needs any of it. RantWoman is pretty sure the blogosphere is going to need some but not all of it. RantWoman expects it is entirely possible to hold her and her Meeting in the Light without wading immediately into ALL the details of why.)


Dear Friends

This email is an abbreviated version of the attached document.

October is National Disabilities Awareness Month. You have the following promo to thank for the opportunity to be reminded of this.
http://rantwoman.blogspot.com/2011/09/starbucks-card-in-braille-limited-time.html


What stands out most for you about this item?

What is your reaction to this item?

In observance of this month, I will be sending everyone in the TO: and
CC: fields some kind of email about one or more disabilities issues every day of October. I hope to spark conversations among all of us. I hope the conversations are not more uncomfortable than the ones I am already having. I will do the best I can to offer short intros, clear queries and to force you either to download something if I teem the content unsuitable for a blog or to click on something in order to
help you CHOOSE when to click further.

I expect to draw heavily but not exclusively from my own blogs partly because another focus is life of our Meeting. I apologize in advance because RantWoman, my blogosphere alter ego is a little too in love with her own puddles of purple prose and is not the least bit gracious about the entire topic of editing. I do not particularly expect that everyone will read every item. Trust your Light and trust that what you can do will matter.

Honestly, I would not mind NOT being the only person sending out email on this theme for October. I do not promise I will get my daily item sent out at any set time. On days when I receive something sent to the same list as I have used from someone else, I will be happy to take the day off.

In any case, I request that you hold all of this in prayer. You are welcome to ask me about the content of this and future email, but I do
not promise that I will automatically be prepared to respond. I particularly need to note that noise and clamor on Sunday mornings
sometimes get in the way of all but the most perfunctory conversations. As some of you who have hung in for tough phone conversations can attest, I do not make any promises about drama-free phone calls. I also really do value email for being able to think over people’s words more than once.

In the Light.

(RantWoman)

No comments:

Post a Comment