Friday, May 8, 2015

Another Journey to Planet RantWoman: Peace Camp, Decisions, reflections.

RantWoman decided not to heed whatever warning Youtube is trying to convey; RantWoman wants to highlight the following video from http://peacecampherstory.blogspot.com  particularly because it discusses a very intense and time consuming Quaker moment, one RantWoman was not present for. Is RantWoman just harboring unreasonable expectations about matters closer to home? Either way, savor this history.



Some reflection questions RantWoman posted to the Peace Camp Facebook group:

Hey Peace Camp Wimmins!

First THANK YOU to Hershe and Estelle and all the people who have pulled this event together! You are awesome. I actually am not sure I wish I could be there. For one thing I am fussy about carbon budget and air travel and I have plenty to keep me engaged in Seattle but I absolutely salute all your work and care of this history and all the messy things tangled with it in my mind.

I wonder whether anyone besides me is game for a little focussed reflection.

Here are some questions on my mind. MAYBE I will get something written by the weekend, probably not even though I wish... but either way....

What has stuck with you the most about the Seneca Women's Peace Encampment / Women's Encampment for a Future of Peace and Justice?

Did anyone notice, somewhere maybe in the 1990's when the Soviet Union fell apart, the SS 20 missiles were withdrawn from Eastern Europe, and the cruise and Pershing missles I think were also redeployed or replaced?

What is your most important focus of activism / public witness / (choose your term: RantWoman has been liking public ministry but that sounds too churchy for some RantWoman audiences) today?

What do you consider some of the most powerful manifestations of nonviolence since peace camp?

What kind of spiritual practices do you do today?

What if any faith community do you participate in?

I think it was Gloria Steinem who said "To be female and conscious anywhere on this planet is to be in a constant state of rage." Discuss.

The military services are opening up combat roles to women and same-gender marriage is now the law in a large percentage of US states. Do these evolutions change your thinking about the intersections of feminism and nonviolence?

What other questions do you wish someone would ask you?

I hope it's an AWESOME celebration.
(RantWoman)

No comments:

Post a Comment