Monday, September 27, 2010

Interest and Leading

RantWoman submitted the items below as part of her expression of interest in being a delegate from her Yearly Meeting to the upcoming FWCC conference in Kenya in April 2011.

RantWoman, as her readers can attest, seldom has trouble going on and on at great length but was surprised at the ease with which words assembled themselves and fell into line in the space available. Okay RantWoman cheated SLIGHTLY. RantWoman needed to be able to complete the form with help from Mr. JAWS and wound up making a document that approximated the form she received and was one page in length but might have had a bit more space for leadings than the actual form. RantWoman does not even apologize.

RantWoman in all humility might or might not pick herself knowing of the variety of weighty and interesting Friends in her Yearly Meeting. Suffice it to say, RantWoman is glad not to be on the selection committee and also interested, regardless, in tending to matters of Salt and Light.

http://www.fwccamericas.org/events/2010_Salt_LightA.shtml

http://connectingfriendssaltandlight.blogspot.com/


Are you a member? Yes or No YES Since what date? 1996 / 1997

Will you be between the ages of 18 and 35 in 2012? NO


Have you ever attended an international Friends conlerence before? If yes. Please tell us when and where:
FWCC Section of the Americas Peace Conference, Guilford College 2003
FWCC Section of the Americas Annual meeting, Canby OR, 2009

Please describe in the space below the leading that has prompted your interest in attending the Sixth World Conference of Friends in 2012.


On many occasions I have recommended that Friends from wealthy countries ought to travel to the countries where Friends are most numerous simply to bring Friends events to the largest number possible of Friends. I would be honored to help carry out this recommendation.


I am proud of the theological diversity of North Pacific Yearly Meeting and I would be honored both to share the gifts and challenges of that diversity and to experience others’ understandings of the Divine, of worship together, and of blessed community.



I was born in Billings, MT toward the eastern edge of NPYM and have been a lifelong activist for peace and justice. Though I was not raised a Friend, today a quest for prophetic vision and the spiritual work to realize it are central to my life. I would be honored for the connection to my birthplace while representing NPYM at a gathering like this and very happy to share my experiences across NPYM upon my return.



As someone who has become legally blind as an adult after a lifetime of vision issues, I have come, not entirely willingly, to carry a concern about access, participation and inclusion for people with a variety of disabilities. I never know what form that might take in different situations but am led to call it out and to be open to where it goes in a given situation.



I have travelled among Friends and overseas in several contexts and would be glad both to be an elder for Friends new to international gatherings and to share the joy of others’ new experiences.



I speak English, Spanish, and Russian. I interpret English <>Russian much more often than English<>Spanish. I have received feedback that I hold my own in Spanish and would want to pray hard before taking on bilingual word smithing of minutes in plenaries but would be glad to contribute something because of my language background.

No comments:

Post a Comment