Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Specific Asks

 RantWoman is growing tired of vague instructions and nebulous timelines for progress about matters important to her. RantWoman is seasoning questions of how much inflammatory commentary needs to make it into her blog and probably will update content. 


In the meantime, RantWoman invites Friends to consider the following invitations and specific adjustments to previous policies.


--I am called to attend at least one virtual and one in-person Meeting for worship per month. I have appreciated the opportunity to worship with other Meetings. I am clear that I am NOT called to walk away from UFM. However I am unclear that I want to return to fulltime participation only in UFM so perhaps that needs to be left for further discernment.


--I am called to participate in Meeting for Business every other month.  Depending on other involvement in community life, I would consider coming only once a quarter.


--Please immediately return me to the UFM announcements and weekly bulletin email lists


--Please allow me to publicize Fourth Saturday worship through UFM channels.


--Please avail yourselves of opportunities and invitations I have offered to attend interest groups and other activities to educate the community about accessibility issues.


I am happy to consider Friends' suggestions about how to make progress on these requests


I am happy to continue to offer technical assistance about areas where I have specific needs and where others are clearly not displaying expertise such as software accessibility. I am happy to work with individual committees and wherever possible to be flexible about inclusive practices and approaches to accessibility.


No comments:

Post a Comment