Sunday, February 9, 2020

FOURTH SATURDAY WORSHIP February 22, 3:30 - 5:00 Montlake Library

Friends

(RantWoman is for once going all First Person on this post. I am  wondering aloud whether I should let quoting Bobby Seale suffice for my Black History Month daily Binge Blog and inviting people to worship and consider queries about prayer.

I really miss seeing many people at UFM and I hope Friends will join the group for  the next Fourth Saturday Worship, Saturday February 22, 2020, 3:30-5:00 pm  at the Montlake Library, 2401 24th Ave E.

It would be a great blessing if someone were led to announce this at Meeting for Business and during announcements after worship.

Both previous months have brought centering worship and thoughtful worship-sharing. I consider the sharing in January holy even though difficult: two friends got up and started to walk out of the room when a Time to pray moment occurred about a difficult topic. So we all need to hold our space and time together in the Light.

Thoughts and queries:
The prayer warriors (one of the things they call themselves) are a bunch of blind people and a couple others who pray together by conference call once a week. When this was announced I decided I must pray with these people  What is Friends' experience about praying with people who think differently than they do?

The ARE from last week featured a video about the difference between meditation and worship. Do Friends have thoughts about the relationship between meditation and prayer?

Rhythms of prayer: I have a number of Muslim neighbors who pray 5 times a day and sometimes just walk around the building with their phones playing a call to prayer. This got me thinking about different traditions and how they order their time or their days. What is Friends' experience with cycles of prayer?

Do Friends favor any resources to help guide their prayer practices. I for instance am signed up with Sojourners Verse and Voice for daily emails on weekdays. Here is part of the email from last Tuesday.

Voice of the day
Revolution is about the need to re-evolve political, economic andsocial justice and power back into the hands of the people, preferably through legislation and policies that make human sense. That's what
revolution is about. Revolution is not about shootouts.
- Bobby Seale

Prayer of the day

God, show us how we can be a part of the revolution that brings forth freedom, restores power, and makes human sense. Amen.

What rises for Friends from these quotes?

This list is already too long and I trust we will be lead to some kind
of focus but is there any other query related to prayer that Friends
might want to add to this list?

Looking forward to worship together in two weeks.

In Light and faithfulness.

(RantWoman)

PS There is a memorial I want to attend on our March date. If Friends
want to worship at that time without me, I am happy to leave the space
reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment