Sunday, October 13, 2019

Please consider with prayers

Hi Friends

Apologies for what will be a long email and close to Meeting for
Business. I am humble about the thought that probably getting to this
earlier and trying to have some phone conversations would be good, but
let's please just do the best we can with the time and energy we have.

Basic outline:

Thank you's
Many I am tired gripes.just to hold in the Light.

Celebrate 10 year's since one Friend was hit by acar and her amazing recovery but
also hold in the light some topics I will blog about.

Some concrete suggestions about a schedule to address people's concerns.

A request that SOMEONE consider a call to refuse to proceed with the
items with my name on them without my presence.

Thank you to several of you for conversations and holding in the
Light. These thoughts rise from the combination of conversations and
personal prayer. Thank you all for help over a LONG time crafting
better seasoned email. I am VERY humble about when I can generate a
rough read and the realities of why that still sometimes happens.

Please feel free to share this. I know there are several people who
want to be the only recipient of emails. I think it important that
other Friends have the opportunity to read this but that is beyond my
capacity right now.

Thank you especially to Friends who are travelling.

two motifs have come to me for conversation:

--path to redemption

--resilience after disast or int eh face of oncogoing clalamity.

Those thoughts are motifs, not year concrete ideas but I hope Friends
will find hope in the items below.

I hope to write a clear one-page letter to hand out at Business
Meeting but what I have to say is more than one page.so I hope Friends
can read thoroughly and consider.


--I am tired of cringing in pain and embarrassment on UFM's behalf
sometimes when I am out in the community right now.

--I am tired of being on the business meeting agenda every month. I
think 3.5 hours at the called Meeting to craft minute rules trying to
contain God instead of answering a call to create a committee and talk
about what works and has not worked is embarrassing. I note in minutes
comments about all the time monitoring my presence and NO mention of
anything to do with reasonable accommodations.

I note in minutes reference to praying inside Meeting for business adn
to distress that I remain outside. Has it occured to anyone such as
maybe a somewhat self-righteous easily upset Young Friend (I am happy
to tell that Friend I use that characterization adn then to talk about
my own insufferable youth) that I ALSOam praying and in fact that public praying is a well-developed tactic
of non-violent protest?

I think a banish RantWoman minute that assumes that the only thing that
matters to me about life specifically at UFM is Death, memorials is
just weird. If a memorials only provision with no thoughts about Life
makes someone feel safer, they need professional help and please
excuse me if I cannot as the guidelines proclaim "accept eldering from
whichever members of pastoral care committees helped dream that up.

I am tired of Friends who claim that I do not season things with the
community if I do not season thins with any particular person.

I note minutes about more pleasant business meetings without me. I
definitely am not distressed by the thought of more pleasant business
meetings, but I am distressed that important topics are not coming up
or coming up in well-informed ways. I am also distressed that the
guidelines claim Quakers have been atthis meeting thing for 300 years
but there is no room to talk about many technologies  have evolved and
how Meeting might try different approaches.

--I am tired of arguing with one new member about boundaries in ways that
show she has NO understanding of the responsibilities of officers of
an organization.

--I am tired of Friends' non responses to phone, email, texts. Even a
simple thing like an inquiry to Facilities committee about closing up
preferences on Sundays after worshiop took THREE tries over more than
a month to generate a response.

--I am tired of spending months and months trying to get the minute to
creat teh Ad-hoc committee on disabilities created only to be
interrupted over and over, most recently by request to release my
membership and to address someone's fit of  what I read as one part of a text from taht Friend as "it's her or me" pique. If
I am expected to endure this much Quaker process, my understanding of
the testimony on equality would offer the same measure of seasoning.

--At the moment my light is deliberate and probably accidental
misunderstanding of several issues. I think the time has come for a
strong statement to take releasing me from membership OFF the table
and to renew work together.

One Friend asked me what I would be willign to do to help Friends feel
more comfortable.

I need to be present so that any agreement can reflect realities such
as my schedule and transportation issues.

I would be happy for say six months to alternate 9:30 and 11:00
worship so people can avoid me if they must.

This comes contingent ALSO on alternating months at Business Meeting
and specific attention to process for meetings involving blind people.

There should be no limitations on my aibility to participate in public
events at Meeting such as Scrabble club particularly since I am
responsible for their long tenure ans tenants.

Is there anyone who would be willing to address my suggestion about
proceding by requesting to include me?

Thank you all for reading this outline and rfor responding as you are able.

In light and faithfulness.

RantWoman

No comments:

Post a Comment