Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day leftovers

Uh, RantWoman, why did you spam the entire committee with your concern about misgendering that young Friend's name ...?

Friend, you made the same mistake three times while in a public role. I was crawling under the floor in embarrassment and was trying to think of a tactful way to say anything in the moment.

Not to assume anything except the ravings of my own head, could everyone else on the committee have made the same mistake? I might have made it myself!

Ohhhh. And what would be the leftovers of this for Mother's Day?


That young Friend's mother visited recently also and RantWoman has been considering whether it would be helpful and empathetic or appalling and insensitive to say "Gee, my mom thought the sit-in before college graduation was hard to deal with. I really do not know how she would have handled gender identity issues."

And then there would be still yet someone else's mother, who at 90 is the YOUNGEST member of her Meeting. Happy Mothers' Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment