Monday, March 8, 2010

Test me oh Lord

The following came in this morning from an unexpected direction, the signature lines for an email message to a decidedly non-religious, not even spiritually-themed email list:

Test me, O LORD, and try me,
examine my heart and my mind; for your love is ever before me,
and I walk continually in your truth.--Psalm 26:2-3 (NIV)

RantWoman is thinking that, important as a God path is to her, as deeply as such informs lots of RantWoman's choices and quests, it would not occur to RantWoman to include Bible verses in her signature lines.

RantWoman admits that in connection with her work at the Friendly Neighborhood Center for Extreme Computing, RantWoman has been thinking about the pros and cons of including something like "this product perpetrated with the assistance of the following accessibility tools" as part of a signature at least some of the time.

RantWoman is thinking that one's religious affiliation and one's AT tools preferences may, just MAY be TMI, TOO MUCH INFORMATION for a lot of daily life. RantWoman currently thinks this but arguments to the contrary keep coming up. RantWoman wonders whether any readers want to weigh in.

No comments:

Post a Comment