Monday, February 23, 2015

As told


RantWoman’s Meeting is just not serving up enough popcorn (hah!) during Meeting for Worship these days and RantWoman is called to reproduce a couple moments which have made it out of her mouth in other worship settings.

Actual Popcorn kernels
Example of a popcorn kernel:
 Testimony, plus or minus what made it out of RantWoman’s mouth:


I guess what I am to speak of is that an estimated 1 in 4 women and 1 in 10 men have some direct personal experience with sexual assault. That would probably be true of our community whether or not our community also included offenders returning to society, and that truth is important to the life of our worshiping community.

The vast majority of people now incarcerated will return to society. As a worshipping community seeking to support this human restoration, my Meeting speaks openly of two known sex offenders who are part of our Meeting. The two people are individuals with different stories, both valued part of our community.  We continue to learn a great deal from walking both with survivors and with offenders and their safety plans.

 

Testimony 2, again plus or minus what made it out of RantWoman’s mouth:

One of the things I follow in my Twitter feed is voices of the brave young people involved in the #BlackLivesMatter protests. Honestly, some of the time I read these posts and think “Kids, kids, kids.” Then I remember that I probably sounded a little like that way back when…. As I tried to find my own words. Other times I reflect on facts in Twitter for DAYS before many media outlets noticed. And there is so much hope and concern and courage in these messages there is no choice but to forward, retweet. I hope we can think also of these young people as we go forth to lobby….

Actual Popcorn kernels
Example of a popcorn kernel:
 


Testimony 3: long and tangled about transportation and taxes, climate change and “internalizing externalities.” Belongs on RantWoman’s other blog.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment