Wednesday, May 21, 2014

More Mother's Day Mementos

Some plausible threads explaining why RantWoman could in fact be terrifying Nominating Committee:

(~~~~~History: testy phone callS that are beyond RantWoman's light to try to smooth over for one thing because they seem to question RantWoman's right to her own experiences. Phone calls are full of go away messages too. After awhile, RantWoman cannot manage enything even vaguely approaching saintly, and another person to add to the "laboring one on one with anyone is beyond my Light right now" list.RantWoman would SO prefer to find some other dimensions upon which to overachieve~~~~~)

Grumbling to third party:
Look, if you are not going to be willing at least occasionally to deal with people's trauma issues, and not willing to be reachable by email or answering machine or finite patience interval for phone tag, then WHY SIGN UP FOR CARE AND COUNSEL?

And anyway, who else gets to fill in when you need a break? I mean Wondrous Wearing WAY Too Many Hats Friend is also available to swoop in for a second or two out of her even more overbooked than usual schedule, but neither of you can do it all alone. Bless you both also for acknowledging that more help would be entirely useful. So what might we ALL do to weave our tangles of caring more easily, more richly?

Meeting for Worship

<<<<<>>>>>

Yes, Thank you, somewhat.

So um, I think you are expecting me to be grateful for coming over and sitting next to me. There was that part about you shushing me every time I tried to speak. And also that part where you grabbed my stuff pushed it two chairs the other side of you and sat next to me, I was in mid sentence and not able to tell you to stop. So NEXT TIME, if there are chairs ahead of me again, please, I would much prefer if you want to move my things, first ASK ME and please  put them where I can see and reach them more easily if I decide I just need to leave.!
And yes, I am telling the whole dang blogosphere because LOTS of people saw and I do not want to leave impression that what happened is acceptable! I know in your job you are probably used to just grabbing and moving things that need to be grabbed and moved. and next time please ASK.

Thank you.

Yours respectfully,
...as respectfully as RantWoman can manage right now.
RantWoman

<<<<<>>>

Just the link for the How can I help you video mentioned in the blog post below.
http://youtu.be/xlP7mCr3LmQ
A whole blog post with annotations and other digressions
http://rantwomanrsof.blogspot.com/2011/10/october-18-disabilities-awareness-item.html though interesting not one about moving people's STUFF.

No comments:

Post a Comment