Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Interventions, Christmas composted

The Friend with the Remarkable Story's ministry about his nightly meditations on the day just past.

What have I learned?

What have I given to others?

What have a received / accepted that others have given to me?

Inveterate Gardener Friend's ministry:

...Letting go of my Truth ...

Ummm, NO. Sizzle. Crackle. RantWoman is clear that laboring with others is more to the point in her own world right now.

Mother of young child on Christmas birthing in a stable:

...Giving birth without pitocin...


After worship, the Rant Family sojourned from our various spiritual homes to RantMom's. Little Sister and RantMom were razzing RantWoman about one of the recurring themes in family concern. The Queen of Spades has psycho kitty brain circuits well-wired and RantWoman frequently has cat scratches on arm to show for her care of the reality.

Irrepressible Nephew:
"What's an intervention?"

Ahh the generations:

Dear Grandma thanks for the sweater.

Dear RantMom, I am a cotton snob. Do not piss on my leg and tell me it's raining about the fiber content of the socks.

The Dr. Laura to Quakerese translation of the above sentiment:

Subject: Thank you!

Dear RantMom and Little Sister

I am totally embarrassed. I think I forgot part of who gave me what for
Christmas.

I LOVE my new nightshirt. I really like that it is longer than some
from (fave cheap mail order house). It is so comfortable.

I appreciate my new Sharpies though to be honest, the pens I most often
use are called 20/20 and are available only from the blind store. Well
you can order them but why pay shipping? I can show you where the blind
store is S of the Northgate transit center but mostly I should probably
just leave a pen and each of your houses. I go to that store often
enough that I do not mind just keeping myself supplied.

Now, about my socks: I like the foot size and I like the length. The
label for the red ones says they have some ankle compression. I cannot
really tell and the blue ones do not. They fit well enough that I am
going just to give them a try mixed in with the socks I know have
compression. But I have a really, really, really big favor: PLEASE do
not tell me the socks have cotton in them if they do not. People do
that kind of thing to blind people all the time. They do it less to me
than other people but I REALLY do not like dealing with it. I do not
mind if you say, well, they have no cotton, but how about you try them,
but please just be honest. I am going to try them. As long as my skin
does not get too itchy and they hold at least some stretch I am going
to enjoy them, but how about we see how well they do before trying any
more of them?

THANK YOU and big holiday hugs for many wonderful moments so far.

Love

RantWoman

No comments:

Post a Comment