Sunday, May 27, 2018

A flock of emotional support chickens and a service python

RantWoman offers for prayers the following moments of email which arose from the umpteenth suggestion that RantWoman try to tone things down further than she is already SOMETIMES managing.

RantWoman started from some actual email but then has been led to expand. Sigh. The bottom of the post is email RantWoman has not sent. Live conversation would probably be good by phone or in person. Warning though: RantWoman frequently finds live conversation in noisy spaces difficult, overwhelming, and sometimes more superficial than she would prefer. RantWoman has no freaking idea what to do with this problem.

From: (RantWoman)
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 16:08:55 -0700
Subject: Thank you with Blindness Tourism on the Side

Hi Friends

First thank you all for helping me clear my head because I did in fact
need to write really clear request email for another project. I mean
it about thank you.

Specific Friend 1, Thank you for your feedback.

Serious point: trust goes both ways and the word "rebuild" assumes
trust necessarily existed in the first place. As your minute edit put
it, there is room for everyone to become better people!

As for how to work on Trust, I am interested and seeking Light about a book or reading group. The first part of any book group exercise for me though is finding enough of the intended content in forms accessible to me and / or attracting people who might respond to a call to strut their erudition a little. Options in my head:

--Something about Discernment because the single paragraph about discernment in the newsletter all but begs for expanded study.

--Something from Breme Brown or one of the articles she is always recommending. I am vexed right now because I need to find some time to look at a website and not just try to remember references when I am reading talking books and falling asleep at night. Brown specifically recommends a book on trust and also another article that sounds interesting.

If you need to stop here, bless you.

Warning: snarkiness alert. Awhile ago Friend 2 was lamenting that my
sense of humor has been pretty impaired for awhile. It's baaack?!?

WHAT IF, HYPOTHETICALLY, I say regretfully I am unable to accommodate
your request for conciseness but at least you will have to click on
blog links to get the full verbiage from a fire hose effect.

What if, hypothetically, I just say congratulations! You have just
been awarded a few precious moments of Blindness Tourism on exotic
Planet RantWoman. And oops sorry automated English to Quakerese
translator malfunctioned. Sorry. Better next time.

OR

What if I say I have this mysterious uncontrollable brain spasm that
sometimes hears even utterly well-intentioned advice as "shut up?" But
I know I am better able to control things if I bring either my flock
of emotional support chickens or my service python everywhere so
please as a reasonable accommodation welcome whichever I bring with
me!

Or how about if instead of that exact reasonable accommodations
request, I just send a couple recent blog posts and spend my time
responding to a topical request for comment from a federal department  arising from the performance artist and her service peacock awhile ago?

http://rantwoman.blogspot.com/2018/01/delta-wants-to-introduce-onerous-new.html

http://rantwoman.blogspot.com/2018/04/forgive-and-or.html

http://rantwoman.blogspot.com/2018/05/digital-inclusion-week-2018-lingering.html

and for blindness tourism from someone else.
http://rantwoman.blogspot.com/2018/05/jump-off-cliff-featuring-emma-vrabel.html

In Light and Faithfulness
RantWoman

The supplemental commentary premiering here:
Friends

One Friend wrote with great concern about whether the service python might eat the emotional support chickens.

The emotional support chickens only ever go out in public on the internet. There is actual case law somewhere about service chickens but the disability organization Executive Director who told me about them rudely went and died without me ever thinking to ask for a precise citation.  In any case, if I want emotional support from chickens, I know several people including Friends whose chickens I can ask to go visit.

The service python is invisible. I think he is about the size of the ball python which until today in a large Tupperware like container in my nephew's bedroom. No, of course there is no school certifying service pythons. That would be too simple. The service python cannot eat anything visible but it is acceptable to imagine it receiving an invisible rat every week or so.

Apologies if this is more than you thought you would ever want to know.

In light and faithfulness.

RantWoman

No comments:

Post a Comment