Thursday, April 10, 2014

Worse Auntie Attempts Customer Service: Sermons

Dear Friend Whose Title RantWoman Keeps Pointedly Omitting"

Thinking over your concern about length of vocal ministry during concerns last month some more, a couple thoughts come to mind:

--I think my customer service function is broken. Either that or I need to fire my customer service manager which I am reluctant to do because that leaves only the RantWoman School of Tact and Diplomacy, and not even any God as personal Butler model to guarantee the desired attention. Anyway, what were you HOPING to hear in response to your observations?

--What topic have I talked about in some way or another almost every month for quite a few months running?

--At this point I hope I have conveyed, among other things:

   --I know from sermons and if God tells me to deliver one, I will deliver it, to the best of my ability interruptions notwithstanding.

   (sundry digressions available as stories from my paternal grandfather, Righteous Reverend RantGranddad ... with a radio show and a job as a Sunday School Missionary doing dog and pony Shows for God in some of the finer Wyoming oil country community halls after their Saturday night beer bashes; with MT and WY on my mind for all kinds of reasons including booking things related to the recent NPYM meeting.)

  --If someone has an issue about the sermon issue in general or any perticular moment, please help facilitate them talking to me directly. Please DO NOT feel obliged to act as an intermediary or try to decide for me or someone else what needs to be said  / heard. Frankly I can hold lots of people in the Light just FINE, thank you very much but I have NO freaking idea how to have conversations with...

--A point I have not conveyed because it was on my list to speak of in a group conversation: One person on Care and Counsel keeps telling me I am supposed to "be mindful." Peculiarly, I keep hearing that as "read my mind and deliver only what is palatable and to my taste."

Again, may we all invoke the limited experience with God as personal Butler issue, hold the issue in the Light and consider where we are led from there?

In the Light.

RantWoman

No comments:

Post a Comment